54 video tutorials.
Sewing patterns included.
Premium Dress is a detailed guide to the sewing techniques employed in the making of a fantastic dress by a famous Lebanese fashion designer - Krikor Jabotian.
Peculiar features of this corset dress:
- The pattern was purposely designed to keep the front and the back of the skirt whole instead of splitting them up by vertical princess seams.
- An additional princess seam on the front half of the lining ensures maximum tight fit in the waist.
- The neckline edge is treated in a new special technique.
- The dress features concealed side seams.
- The dress is made from three layers: lining, background fabric, and sequin overlay fabric.
- There is a blind zipper and concealed inner lacing.
- Ruffles are sewn on the see-through skirt in accordance with a complicated layout scheme.
- There is a 3D decorative ruffle piece on the shoulder of the dress.
- The bodice is draped.
- The dress is complemented with a decorative buckle and matching hair clips in the form of plastic suede flowers.
This course will teach you:
- How to customize the size of a corset dress pattern for your client.
- How to cut sequin fabric with minimum princess seams and achieve a tight fit in the waist.
- In what order to join the pieces to achieve the best results.
- How to sew curved princess seams neatly on "complicated" fabric (sequin fabric).
- How to treat necklines (a new technique).
- How to sew a lining worthy of a premium class garment.
- How to sew concealed lacing panels into the dress.
- How to sew a skirt from delicate mesh fabric and decorate it with a generous amount of ruffles in two different colors.
- How to cut ruffles from thin fabric.
- How to reinforce see-through mesh fabric for sewing ruffles on it.
- How to create additional accessories to complement the dress (a belt brooch and matching hair clips).
- How to make and color flowers from plastic suede.
- How to make your own flower and petal moulds for working with plastic suede.
You will find enclosed:
- Ready pattern of a bell-shaped slightly flared dress with a train sewn into the central back seam.
- Ready pattern of the top see-through skirt with a layout scheme for sewing on ruffles.
- Flower templates for plastic suede accessories.
- Swirl template for cutting decorative shoulder ruffles.
- Corset pattern, pattern adjustment calculations table, and ruffle layout scheme.
The purpose of this course is to help you master all technical know-how required for sewing the most sophisticated designer dresses!
The course will be helpful not only to beginners but also to those experienced in sewing. It is also suitable as a means of professional improvement for staff of sewing ateliers.
I would also like to emphasize that the dress from the course is merely a foundation for your own masterpieces. Let your creative spirit run free!
Enjoy your learning!
Sincerely yours, Tatiana Kozorovitsky
Choose "USB Drive" in Delivery Option to get the course on Corset Academy custom made physical USB Drive.